Friday 8 October 2010

Needles and Pins


A friend of mine recently had the misfortune to fall down this gaping chasm while walking his dog on the park, opposite where he lives.Injury and compensation set in very shortly after.I mean how dumb does your average contractor have to be, to realise that leaving a quagmire like this on a public park is likely to result in at least one claim for compo.The thing is;my friend has confided in me that he is injured,but not that badly.In fact, he has a long standing back injury which is giving him way more 'jip'.....The dilemma is; to maximise the claim the injury needs to be prolonged,which means medicals,physiotherapy and all the usual palava.During the course of this my friend was recommended for acupuncture.Being a scientist he was rather sceptical of this dark oriental homeopathic treatment.Concerned that refusing this time wasting therapy may raise suspicions my friend went ahead with it.To his total suprise the treatment worked.After 15mins of painless puncturing my friend left the physiotherapist feeling rather invigorated and totally pain free for the first time in years.However,my friend now has a dilemma.....does he for purely fiscal reasons, keep schtum or does he congratulate his therapist and stay true to his scientific priciples......Lord Roby being of the aristocracy would obviously 'do the right thing'......But what should his 'friend' do?

3 comments:

Vinogirl said...

I dunno - I have a friend who is undergoing acupuncture right now for allergies...pins can get rid of snot? I'm a sceptic, but I think I'd do the 'right thing'...just for karmas sake, of course!

Thud said...

Sod the Chinese bollocks and go for the dosh.

monkey said...

hmm go for the dosh, in this climate you need every penny and if your stupid enough to dig holes for people to fall in them then you deserve getting stung.