Monday 18 August 2008

Working Class Hero


The Olympics always draws me in to the most unusual places.Fortunately a lot of the live stuff is late morning when there's nothing much going on anyway. So I end up being enthralled by Canoeing,Archery and Badminton etc.Sports I wouldn't normally take a blind bit of notice of.Some Olympic "sports" such as football and tennis which I would normally watch, I couldn't give a rats-ass about because they don't deserve to be there.
Boxing though has always been a must.In Davie Price,Boxing and Liverpool has a star in the making.A true salt of the earth working class hero.When he beat the No 1 contender Islam Timurziev,he ran around the ring shouting............................ 'Bastard,Bastarrd,Bastarrrd'. His post fight media event was even better."No one does that to him,arl granite jaw,I caught him wid me Sunday punch".And so he did,knocked im into the middler next week! Davie won again today.He is now guaranteed a medal.Let's hope it's a good one, without any tears.

2 comments:

Thud said...

Over here in the land of the free none of this is mentioned...I'll check it out.

Lord Roby said...

I'm not surprised I think he caused the hosts some embarrassment.Strange there was no media event for his latest win.Probably afraid he might have another Prince Phillip moment.His only downfall is that he is from the Dark Side.Although he does insist on his trainer wearing a lucky Everton shirt! The stage is set for a glorious homecoming at the
Goodison Derby in a few weeks time.