Sunday 11 January 2009

Police On My Back


Last night Lord Roby had a close shave.After a few beers 5 33cls(trente-trois' in Belgie) in Brussels over a 4 hour period, I had to decide whether to drive the car from the station or use Shanks' Pony.The weather and the Toffees being on Match of the Day in a few minutes meant I was behind the wheel and off.About half way into the 5 minute journey I was passed by the local plod.This was the last thing I needed.I watched in my rear view mirror as they performed the obligatory u-turn.I was on the radar.It was time to get my foot down.I reached the road I needed to park up in only to find it blocked due to the local market!! It was time to rely on my wits and a couple of jiggers to get me to my apartment.I managed to get parked up and out of the car about 10 seconds before the plod cars headlights came in to view.There was only 1 thing left to do.Walk back towards the car.Well they would be looking for someone heading away from the car surely.This classic double bluff meant they shot past me to the badly parked car ahead, torches in hand and carried on away from me in pursuit of the culprit.Match of the day was ditched in favour of a classic double calvados.Phew! Next time I will walk.

4 comments:

Thud said...

you can take the man out of Huyton etc!....ah!...the old reflex's still work hey your lordship?

Lord Roby said...

Lord Roby in Ermine! Lord Roby always has been and always will be 'whiter than white'.Capisce?

Thud said...

Your whiteness has never been in question Don Robyetto.

Vinogirl said...

Close shave there M'Lordship...let that be a lesson to you. I'm sure the local constabulary aren't as affable as Dixon of Dock green!