Monday 3 August 2009

City Of The Dead




The two images above have a rather notable historic connection.The one below was recently taken in 'Two Dogs' or Huyton, for those of you who do not have an affection for the place.'Two Dogs' is becoming a very dangerous place to live; with guns including Mach10's being unloaded on a regular basis.They say whatever America gets we get 20 years later.This was the one thing I didn't want.Banning guns seems to have done little to prevent the rise in gun crime.Let's face it if you have the money almost anything can be bought.The image above it, is of Ashford-on the-Water in Derbyshire where I took Lady Roby for a very pleasant day out recently.As picturesque a place as you will find.Very peaceful,untroubled and a pleasure to be there.Strange then,that both places should start life by appearing in the Domesday Book.Only one it would appear was actually doomed.

4 comments:

Thud said...

What to say?....we saw the best of it I think.

Vinogirl said...

Oh dear...what a sad commentary!

Trubes said...

Good morning my noble Lord Roby.
I've just visited you via Thud and have really enjoyed reading your site.
It is so sad when, once, what was probably a decent place to live, falls into decline.
The very same thing happened in the area in Liverpool, from where I was raised.
Glad you are an Everton supporter, as we are too. (We, being, Madame. Trubes and DT, the long suffering spouse)!
We now live in a pleasant leafy suburb but, like you, I still feel sentimental
when I think of my childhood.
Most of our life evolved around the church and social activities therein.
Happy days!

Di.x

Lord Roby said...

Hi Trubes,Thanks for taking the trouble to comment.As you can see I don't get that many! If it wasn't for my flag counter I'd be thinking I was blogging to myself!! If you know of any other Toffee-flavoured blogs,let me know and I will check them out.Up the Toffees!