Monday 15 December 2008

I Am The Fly



I am not sure if this post is a testimony to my exquisite observational powers or my descent into madness....but you see, I have been in Belgium since September and have yet to see an insect other than one dead Ladybird,which was caught up in some plans so may well have been imported from blighty.My flat comes with baguette bits all over the kitchen and should be a breeding ground for the blighters.But not even a money spider...no run-ins with Daddy-Long-Legs in season,no scary beasties with legs like Lisa Snowden,not even a Moth never mind a Cockroach.No ants or their flying cousins.What the hell is going on here.I know it's now winter but that's no excuse in blighty.Are all Belgians closet insects....are they insects in disguise....there are some very pretty one's if they are! I am determined to get to the bottom of this...All this and I have yet to sample any of the 200 varietals of Absinthe in the Fleur bar in Brussels.I will keep you posted!

4 comments:

Thud said...

Just how strong is that friggin beer?

Vinogirl said...

Wish I could say the same for California!

Thud said...

I see the Belgian govt has collapsed...anything to do with you?

Lord Roby said...

Ousted by Le Baron Lord Robie de Wallonia no less.Le Terme should know better than to mess with Two Dogs ex-pats.